Each day, our bodies work tirelessly to keep us healthy and thriving. As blood is pumped from the heart and through our veins, and food is digested through our vital organs, the kidneys are picking up the slack.
Your kidneys are basically the most sophisticated trash collection service that was ever invented. These two small organs are about the size of your fist. They live at the base of your spine and are responsible for finding the waste we don’t need and getting it out of our bodies.
What Is a Kidney Cleanse?
A kidney cleanse is basically power washing your waste management system so it can perform as it should. In our modern “chemical society” the kidneys have way more to manage than say, fifty years ago.
Today, they are bombarded with additional chemicals in everything from bananas to makeup. They have more preservatives to handle than ever before and even small amounts of cleaning products and pollution we breathe in affect our kidney function.
A kidney cleanse helps to protect your kidneys and remove toxins from the body to promote better kidney health. A kidney cleanse typically involves dietary changes for several days to detoxify and improve the health and function of your kidneys.
Signs You Need To Do a Kidney Cleanse
The following are common signs of toxin overload. Do you experience any of these?
- Skin issues like dry skin, skin rashes, hair loss, acne
- Vision problems including the inability to focus, fuzzy vision
- Tired feelings like fatigue, lethargic feeling, drowsiness
- Heart and blood issues including heart palpitations, high blood pressure
- Incontinence, kidney stones, urinary tract infections, decreased urine flow, increased nightly urination, burning or painful urination, dark-colored urine
- Severe itching, sleep problems, metallic taste in the mouth
- Ill feeling such as nausea, coldness, fever
- Problems with swollen joints, stiff neck, cramps, abdominal or lower back pain
- Poor appetite, diabetes, anemia